Thursday, June 12, 2008

Making eating healthier

The Pollard CFO bought me a cookbook for Christmas last year (yes, I asked for one). It is called "The Sneaky Chef." It shows how to get veggies into kid's food without them knowing. Oooo, sneaky, I am all over it. But wait, this requires following instructions. Even if I do stay at home, do laundry, change diapers, do the cooking and the cleaning there is NO WAY I am following directions. Come on, I am still a Man after all:) So I read some of them and improvise the rest.

The kids like most of what I make and the rest, I eat. I am one of those weird people that usually sees eating as a necessity rather than a pleasure. Don't get me wrong, I eat frequently but it is to avoid becoming "shaky and angry" as the Pollard CFO says. I also combine things that are getting ready to go bad. You know where I learned that?.... Public school! You know, hamburgers on Monday, mac and cheese on Tuesday, then Wednesday..... Chilimac! I sometimes have some very strange combinations but it works for me.

So, the shells and cheese in the picture below has white bean puree and spinach in it. The kids LOVED it! No, really, look at the picture if you don't believe me...



Fake it till you make it,

Al

No comments: