Friday, June 13, 2008

Is it cheating?

OK, my wife is always talking about how much I get done around the house. When we were D.I.N.K.S. in Dallas we had a housekeeper and a yard service. So when the kids came along we had a housekeeper, a yard service and a Nanny (starting after 5 months). So we had a good bit of "domestic" help till the kids were about 18 months old when we moved for Mommy's job a few months ago. Now I am the Nanny, the cook, the housekeeper, the lawn guy and laundry guy.

But I do have two "assistants" that help me keep the floors clean. Without them my 4 hour cleaning day would not even come close to keeping the house clean. While we still had two incomes we bought a Roomba and a Scooba. When we moved I traded in the Scooba for another Roomba. Now I have an upstairs Roomba and a downstairs one. If you are not familiar with them, check them out. The Roombas are great and if you buy it from Hammacher Schlemmer you also get their lifetime guarantee. That is how I "traded in" the Scooba for a Roomba. If using robots to help you clean is cheating them I am guilty as charged.

It is good to be a geek,

Al

No comments: