Monday, June 16, 2008

Had a GREAT Fathers' Day!

Yes I put the apostrophe in the right place in my title:) I think everyone else has it wrong. The day is not meant to recognize just each Father individually but all of them as a whole, including God and my Dad. As this was my second Fathers' Day as a Father I recommitted myself to being the best Father I can. I think that starts for forgiving yourself for being broken and human. Yes, I get frustrated sometimes with the kids (and with the CFO) and it is frequently over silly things. I mean really, in the grand schemes of things does it really matter that we don't get somewhere at the precise time that I have etched in my brain? It is much better that we get where we are going with everyone happy and healthy. I always tell the kids I will never get mad at them for being hungry or having a dirty diaper. Those of you who have had Preemies in the NICU (Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) know what I am talking about. You pray that they will eat and for wet/dirty diapers. I would never have guessed that one barometer of a kid's health is how many wet/dirty diapers they have a day. Heck, we documented their "input" and "output" for over a year. Seriously, we still have the stacks of paper.



The kids were GREAT yesterday with no meltdowns, a good nap after Church and a great dinner at the Cracker Barrel!

A few old pics from their NICU days...



Happy Fathers' Day!

If you have nothing nice to say about someone at least end it with "Bless their heart",

Al

No comments: