Monday, July 28, 2008

We had a 5% chance of having Triplets and a 1 in 5000 chance of having a bone infection

Yes, we are beating the odds:) 1 in 5000? Seriously.... That is the same odds of dying of electrocution in your lifetime. Did I mention that electricity and I do not get along, for good reason it seems. You may be asking yourself "How do you keep a 22 month old entertained in a room for four days?" Oh yeah, he does not like to watch TV:(

This was our room. No, Jackson did not spend much (any) time in the crib (baby jail).


Children's Hospital has these cool wagons for taking kids for rides. Since we were on "contact restriction" we couldn't leave the room but he still got to play with the wagon:)


Rubber gloves aren't just for health care workers:)


His favorite toy was the stethoscope. We actually got to take it home with us!



I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
Mary Chase (1887 - 1973), Jimmy Stewart in "Harvey", 1950

Al

4 comments:

Liz said...

So have you been buying lots of lottery tickets?? With your track record of beating the odds, you could be a millionaire! Glad to hear that Jackson is doing better, and got to go home. I'm sure the 'sibling reunion' was a blast!

Anonymous said...

Did I mention the lightening rod on my condo got struck last night? Looks like the odds were in my favor too!

Cousin Lindsay

Denise said...

I am so glad that Jackson is doing better and at home now. I can't imagine how horrible those 4 days in the hospital were.

Anonymous said...

utgbvwasm.ybgvrdpuuggggggggyyyyyyyvbnm...noifbnjddtrewqkjhgvbcxzjabbyzxjh
The above was written by Abby to Addison

I was going to mention buying a lottery ticket but Liz beat me to it!
We enjoying reading about you guys. Love you and miss you.
lou ann