Monday, July 21, 2008

A REAL night out!

We went to Athens this weekend and had a GREAT time! We dropped the kids off at Mimi and Granddaddy's (my in-laws) Friday night. The CFO took a half day so we could get out of town around 3pm and beat traffic. My brother-in-law and his wife also dropped their twins at the Grandparents. This was the first time they had all five. Did I mention that I believe insanity runs in both our families:) So the four of us, after our multiple-ectomy, headed out to dinner at what I call a chop-chop. You know, one of the Japanese steak houses where they cook the food in front of you. We had a great time!


We got to stay up late catching up with each other and we stayed at their house so we got to sleep in! Saturday afternoon we headed back over to the in-laws for a cookout and some fun with the kids. Probably the funniest part of the weekend was Church. I know, I know, Church should not be funny but with triplets it often is... After EVERY prayer, song, and even the lesson you heard them... YEAH!!!! and lots of clapping. I almost cried I was laughing so hard. The humor was compounded by the fact that we sit near the front (3rd row) of the Church and it is a small Church. It was very ironic that the lesson was on self esteem. I mean come on, anyone who spoke had their own cheering section yesterday. God works in mysterious ways:)







Democracy is a process by which the people are free to choose the man who will get the blame. Laurence J. Peter (1919 - 1988)


Al

No comments: