Friday, July 18, 2008

Bring out the gimp....

Some people may remember that line from Pulp Fiction. Let me assure you, this is different:) Last weekend Jackson started favoring his right foot. So we looked and he had two small splinters in the side of his right heel. We tried to get them out but he protested so much we quit. Well, he kept limping so I said, get'em out. The CFO dug one out once we had him in his car seat. Note to self... if you cannot hold your child down, the car seat can. The smaller of the two was deep and did not want to come out. So I said let's see how he does. He kept limping. So on Tuesday I waited till I had him in his car seat and I got it out. But he is still limping.

Next step... we are headed to the Dr. Today, if they can squeeze us in. Both the CFO and I think he is just scared to put pressure on the foot from previous pain but it is better safe than sorry. I have looked, pressed, and felt his foot numerous times. I have looked under fluorescents, incandescents, halogens, and even direct sunlight. I don't see anything that doesn't belong. Maybe the Doctor can align the Hubble Space Telescope to see if anything is in Jackson's foot.

On a funnier note, I think the CFO, G-Daddy and I all got hand, foot and mouth from the kids. They (you know who "they" are) say that it is rare for anyone over 10 yrs old to get it but my throat hurts and I have blisters on my tongue. That is the last time I believe the CDC's website:)

Gotta love dinner time:)




You will do foolish things, but do them with enthusiasm.
Colette (1873 - 1954), in New York World-Telegram and Sun, 1961

Al

1 comment:

Liz said...

I hope his foot is okay. Cute pictures, but I have one question...who is the 4th sippy cup for??