Saturday, July 12, 2008

Don't bring me down....

Don't bring me down....

This is what I want to tell a lot of people. You know the ones I am talking about. I frequently have to fight the urge myself. Someone tells you good news and you want to shoot it full of holes like swiss cheese. Oh, I know, not you:)

This is most evident in two distinct phases:

1. When you are pregnant. Examples are as follows.....
  • Congratulations, I had a friend who gave birth to her triplets at 24 weeks and they are still in the hospital.
  • Wow, triplets. I saw where they usually have medical problems.
  • How far along are you? Oh, I had a friend who lost her baby around then.
2. After your kids are born. More examples...
  • How long did you carry then and how big were they? Yeah, I carried mine xx weeks (longer) and they were xx, xx and xx pounds (bigger.)
  • How old are they? Are they xxx (doing quadratic equations) yet? Mine were at that age.
I am as competitive as the next person. No wait, I am more competitive than them:) But do we really need to keep bringing everyone down? A few observations about all these people that think they are smarter and better at everything than any of us...
  • Not everyone uses their turn signals... some people have had lobotomies.
  • Some people drive slow... it is easy to forget what the skinny pedal on the right is for.
  • Lots of people only have one hand to drive as they talk on their cell phone with the other one... many people think that BLUETOOTH is something you see a dentist for.
  • It is OK to wait until you are at the drive-thru to decide what you want to eat then change your mind, twice.... McDonalds, Wendys, Taco Bell, Chic-fil-a, and Arbys are new to so many people they don't know what they serve until they get there.
  • It is OK to wait until the clerk tells you how much money you owe before getting out your wallet... many retailers are now just saying "this one is on the house" so you might not need to pay. Don't even get me going about people going through an entire purse for the exact change and if they pull out a checkbook I may just have an aneurysm!

Whew... I fell better now,

Al

No comments: