Tuesday, July 22, 2008

City kids gone country

The CFO is always telling me that I am a city boy:) What tipped her off you ask? We were hiking in North Carolina while we were still dating. The hike took us and our dog through a cow pasture. Yes, our dog decided to have a cow patty bath and yes, I had to give her a bath in a stream of freezing water. But that was not made me a "City Boy." It was my comment when we got close to the cows. I said "Man they sure do have big heads!" She thought that was quite hilarious as growing up she knew not to befriend the boy cows as they were not meant to be in this world as long as the female cows.

Well, we are trying not to raise "city kids." So when we go to see the in-laws they get learned on how things werk in the country:)

In the pictures that follow... Jackson follows his Great-Grandmother into the garden but quickly calls for back up from William. Not sure what happened to our Dog as William seems to have his harness with him. William grabs the "loot" while Jackson (the feisty one) watches his back.


Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about.
Oscar Wilde (1854 - 1900), Lady Windermere's Fan, 1892, Act I

Al

1 comment:

Liz said...

What cute boys. I think it's great that they are learning about 'country living', but I'm glad they brought their....what are those anyways?? Light sabers?? Giant crayons?? Whatever, I'm glad they were ready to defend themselves should the need arise!