Thursday, July 10, 2008

Another favorite dish....

We LOVE Chipotle but did I mention I stay at home with triplets:) So now we make an occasional trip out to eat but I try to replicate much of what we ate out back here at mi casa. I feel a need to start throwing a little Spanish in with Sesame Street having the Spanish word of the day and all. No, I do not use their word of the day all the time but I feel it is in the same spirit. Back to my original, though somewhat derailed, train of thought. Oh, on another tangent... I think most people have a "scooter" of thought at best and very few actually have a "train" of thought. Sorry, back on track...

I make cheap vegetarian Chipotle dip at home...
  • 1 can of black beans rinsed and drained
  • 1 can of mexicorn drained
  • 1 can of Rotel Lime & Cilantro not drained
Mix and heat but do not overcook unless you like it mushy. I let each person make their own bowl. This makes about 2-3 servings as we add the following in our own bowls:
  • Cheese
  • Sour cream use the real stuff, come on, live a little
  • Guacamole mush up an avocado
  • Cholula hot sauce
We eat it with Tostidos Four Tortilla chips. Just discovered these and they are GREAT!

The U.S. .... an economy driven by not-so attractive, overweight, lazy, neurotic, egotistical, jealous people. Think about it*

Al

* Plastic surgery, gyms, diet food, make-up companies, clothing companies, car companies, etc.... In short, all that fuels QVC:)

No comments: