Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What is that big whooshing sound?....

Oh, that is Daddy sucking the fun out of everything:) No, seriously I do. Just ask the CFO. It is a family joke around the house. Now I do not look at it as sucking the fun out of things but rather a pragmatic and realistic way of looking at things by preparing for the worst while hoping for the best. The worst thing about it from the CFO's perspective is that when I am wrong, no big deal, but if I was right and something happens... Well, let's just say that I have learned not to say "I told you so." :)

There are some well documented cases that have been filed away but as our preacher reminds us, never bring up the past in current "discussions." But just to show an example.... a few minutes before this picture was taken I said: "They have pulled that toy over a few times and I worry that someone might get hurt." Note the cut below Jackson's left eye.



Now it can be (and often is) argued that it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy when I say these things. The CFO's point (argument) is that if I would just be quiet (keep my mouth shut) about these things then they would not happen:)

However, I am surprised that I let the kids on all these rides with little to no hesitation:)



There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there?
Randal Graves from the Movie "Clerks"

Al

No comments: