Monday, July 13, 2009

Guys night out!

As anyone who is or has been a stay at home parent knows, you don't get many (any) days off. Not complaining just stating the facts:) So when I get some "time off" I usually feel like I need to cram as much into that time as I can. Keep in mind I usually do not want "time off." The CFO and I seem to be the exception rather than the rule. We actually want to, look forward to and enjoy spending time with our kids. I know, CRAZY:)

Our Small Group from Church that gets together on Sunday nights has started doing a girls' or guys' night out every other month. You know, so the ladies can talk about girly stuff and the guys can well... do guy stuff. This past Saturday was the first guys' night out. Our nights out start at 5pm and can go as late as we want. We first went bowling and bowled two games. Keep in mind it has been at least six to seven years since I bowled. I bowled a 67 the first game, dead last. I keep getting my bowling and golf scores reversed:) The second game I was doing much better and was one point off the lead going into the tenth frame. You guessed it, I came in last again but this time I had a 122. The next guy had 123, oh the agony of it all!

Then we headed to the local Minor League Baseball game. We had a great time talking during the game and sharing some laughs. I think I talked more than (I should have) anyone else but that is one of the many things I am working on. That and not "cracking" on people on the time. It seems that my choice of "humor" can be a little cutting at times. The Barons won a great game!

We THEN headed to the movies! We went to the dollar movie theatre to see Wolverine. It was a good guy movie but it did get a little girly when they showed Wolverine without his shirt on much to the delight of the ladies in the audience. There were even some audible cat-calls a few times, TOTALLY sucking all of the testosterone out of the theatre:) Other than that and a few scenes that were stupid (Wolverine had his Nemesis dead to rights and he walked away) it was a good movie.

So all in all we sucked all the fun we could out of our seven hours!

More pics from our fun in the sun.



Most people would like to be delivered from temptation but would like it to keep in touch.
Robert Orben

Al

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Wow! That's a lot to do in one night! Sounds like you had fun!

So the word verification characters are "lowleche". Does that mean you are low on milk at your house?

Rachel said...

You could have mentioned that you were last of only three people :) If you weren't being so self-deprecating, then you could have said that you came in third both times!