Thursday, July 16, 2009

Not so tiny bubbles

The CFO and I have our roles a bit reversed in our relationship. She grills, I clean. She needs to relax, I like to get stuff done. She likes to try new things, I like the status quot. This is never more evident than with the kids.

Keep in mind we were VERY boring home bodies before having kids. We worked 70 - 80 hours a week (OK I worked more) so when we got off work we liked to be home. Once when recruiting for a company on a College campus a student asked "what kind of hobbies do you have?" It was a simple enough question but I had no answer. I said "let me get back to you on that." I just liked work so much I figured why have a hobby that sucks money out of you when you REALLY enjoy your job that adds money:)

Here are some of the firsts that the CFO has done with the kids along with the reason I had not tried it yet.
  • Cereal WITH milk - what a mess
  • Water out of a non-sippy cup - what a mess
  • Ice cream cone - what a mess
  • Bathe the Triplets all at once - what a mess
  • Play Doh - ditto
OK, well you get the gist. I admit that sometimes I make decisions based on my selfishness. I was just talking to another parent that we like having kids over because I can then justify all the work that goes into playing in the back yard:)

The other day the CFO decided to ratchet things up a bit by not only bathing the Triplets together in her garden tub but to also add bubble bath. Now bubble bath is not new to the kids but have you ever put it in a garden tub and turned on the jets? WOW! We almost lost the kids. They LOVED it! But as you can guess, it was a mess but it was well worth it. Will I do it alone with the Triplets? Nope, that is the CFO's job:)





People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing.
Dale Carnegie

Al

No comments: