Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Triplets are killing my communication skills

Some friends and I made a frighting discovery the other day. We are becoming poor communicators. At least with each other we are. Most of the time (OK, all the time) we see each other our kids are with us. Here are some of the issues at hand:
  • Little to no eye contact - hey, we are watching the kids.
  • Talk over each other - directing or disciplining the kids.
  • Walk away in the middle of a conversation - to go look for a kid or intercede in an altercation:)
I just hope I "get out" of this before I become one of "those people" :) You know, the ones that never look you in the eye, they seem like they lost their R vitamin, or need to they just need to say no to Starbucks.

Can you tell a difference between how boys and girls act at a baseball game? :)



A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Sir Winston Churchill

Al

1 comment:

James said...

That is so true. My wife and I have realized that if a subject will take more than a couple of minutes to discuss, we may as well wait until the triplets go to bed, because a five-minute conversation can take an hour!