Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Triplet's first trip to the movies.

Like many areas around the Country a few movie theaters around here offer free movies for kids in the Summer. Yesterday was the last day they offered them in Birmingham so the CFO took the day off and we went to go see the Veggie Tales movie "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." I actually like the Veggie Tales. Their humor fits with mine very well:)

Good thing we got there around 9:30 am (the movie started at 10am) as there were VERY view seats left. I guess free is the right price:) I went out after we got our seats and bought some popcorn. I have always wanted to buy the "large" bucket that comes with a free refill. I used to always think for someone to eat that much they would have to be a big 'ol supergiant... well, let's just say they would have to REALLY like popcorn:) It turns out you just have to be a family of five! We killed the bucket about 30 minutes into the movie. That was around the same time that William and Addison started saying "I want to go home" and Jackson kept wanting the lights turned back on. We waited another ten minutes to see if they would change their mind as toddlers often do but to no avail. Oh well, I will have to rent it to see it:( But that gave me a chance to get a refill on my large bucket of popcorn. I would hate to see how many calories and fat we put down.

After that we went to the mall for lunch and rode the carousel for the first time with the kids. But not to stop the day of eating bad there we went to Bruster's for ice cream. I just found out the other day that kids under 40" tall get a free kids cone of ice cream! Theirs was almost as big as my single scoop!

We went blueberry picking last weekend! Here are just a few pics. I will post more soon:)



He had discovered a great law of human action, without knowing it - namely, that in order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to obtain.
Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), "The Adventures of Tom Sawyer", Chapter 2

Al

No comments: