Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Kindergarden on TV?

We don't let the triplets watch too much TV. OK, probably more than I should but when it is usually just when I am cleaning up after meals, giving baths or getting everyone ready to go somewhere. Well, I guess that is most of the time:) Anyway, until recently Sesame Street was the only program we let them watch. We have started watching Noggin a little bit. I about fell down laughing when between shows it said "Noggin is like preschool on TV." Then I laughed even harder when it said that the show helped with "Intrapersonal" skills as well as interpersonal skills. Does a TV show really make kids feel better about themselves? WOW! I can just stop praising them and sit them in front of the TV. What's next?... treating depression with TV?

Things change fast... these are from back in March of this year.



There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

Al

No comments: