Saturday, August 9, 2008

Another Triplet day

I am going to start calling days where things go wrong a "triplet day." Well, I shouldn't say they go wrong, they just don't go as I had planned. Which, frustrates me. Whether or not I have shared my plan with any one is inconsequential in my eyes:) Everyone, especially the triplets, should know what the plan is and get on board. So, Thursday I was flying by the seat of my pants. Thank the Lord, it worked out. Since our schedule is anything but scheduled I tried mixing things up on purpose. We went grocery shopping at 8:20 am. This is going on the permanent schedule. The place was EMPTY! I loved it. Then we came home and I put them down for a nap. Ha! They were having none of it so I got them back up at 10:45 am for baths. I do baths one on one. I was in with Jackson when I heard THUMP! I look in the other room and Addison is crying a little holding a big bouncy ball but she stopped when she saw me. I chalked it up to wrestling with William over the ball, a regular occurrence. I finished with Jackson and it was Addison's turn. She suddenly had a goose-egg in the middle of her forehead. I felt soooo bad. The thumped her head on something. So I called the Dr.'s office just to cover my bases. They said a goose egg is a good sign. No throwing up and not drowsy - also good signs. I said well, while I have you on the phone.... I described William's and Addison's new unique diaper rash. Don't worry, I won't get into details. The nurse said "Let me talk to the Dr. and I will call you back." So, now baths take longer because I have to do moving picks on the two not in the tub to keep them dry while bathing the one in the tub. So much for letting them play in the next room while I give baths. Yes, I have bathed them all at once, once. No mas.

We finish up with baths around 12:30 pm and head to the pharmacy downtown to get a refill on Jackson's antibiotics. No where carries it and it is only good for 14 days. So I stop by Wendy's to pick up lunch and notice that they are all asleep. Uh-oh. Oh well, I need the medicine. Yes, they all cry when I get them up to go get the medicine (the pharmacy is in Children's Hospital, no drive thru.) But it is amazing how fast chicken nuggets warms their souls:) We get back in the van just in time to get a call from the Dr.'s office. He wants to see them. So we run by the house to pick up shoes for the kids and head to the Dr.'s office. Addison decides to grow a tail while we are waiting (what I call her poopies as you can see the bulge in her shorts.) So I change her while blasting out instructions to William and Jackson; down, no, stop touching that, please get out of the cabinet, don't put that in your mouth, etc... We leave with a prescription for an antibiotic ointment. I leave the Dr.'s office just in time for the afternoon storms to hit. Luckily the kids are not sweet enough to melt:) We dropped of the prescription at CVS and head back home. Finally they get a "real" nap and I get a chance to start dinner.

Not sure what they did but all the kids put themselves in the corner the other day:)

Insane people are always sure that they are fine. It is only the sane people who are willing to admit that they are crazy.
Nora Ephron


1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

Can't help but think how much easier life will be for you when the triplets are poddy trained :)
You definitely win the award for rolling with the punches!