Monday, August 3, 2009

Another great weekend except for...

It is funny that since having kids I really look forward to the weekends a lot more than I did when I worked 70+ hours a week. OK, I did look forward to Saturdays but that was only because I could get so much done at work since no one was there:)

We went to a new park this weekend with the kids and took their tricycles. They did a great job pedaling them around the paved walking path. Then they played on the HUGE play equipment. When I say HUGE I mean it. Just look at the picture below!

The weekend was great until I heard from the kids' nursery worker, the nursery volunteer and one of the Children's Ministers that the boys were a bit unruly at Church. Turns out that William is the ring leader, shocker. William has the most gentle heart but the toughest body. He has always thought it sport to hurt others. He doesn't do it with any malice, just your usual poke you in the eye fun, literally.

So the CFO and I are talking about switching tactics as the battle has moved to a new front. So we are tightening down the discipline with more time outs and more praise. For example the CFO asked William why he took Addison's book from her while she was sitting on the potty. His response.... "I wanted to." Well, you have to give him points for being honest.



Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only animal that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they ought to be. William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Al

No comments: