Monday, August 31, 2009

I am really slacking...

I use to be this paranoid, over protective Father. Well, I have been letting things slide lately. I now let them do things that I never would have before. I am attributing it to them getting older and more capable rather than me loosening up:) We even let them have ice cream at least once a week and eat hot dogs and other processed meats. Maybe all that doesn't sound that bad to many parents but it is a pretty big departure from a year and a half ago when I started staying at home with the Triplets.

Maybe the honeymoon period is over and I am just settling into my new "job." I have always tended to do that. At the beginning be an over-achiever, get in early, stay late, do everything kind of person. But eventually I would slide back into the achiever, be on time, leave on time, do most things kind of guy. This will soon be the second longest "job" that I have had in my life. The longest was about 12 years with Enterprise Rent-A-Car. The three other positions I have had since then have each been for about one and a half years. I plan on making this one my career:)

Addison and Jackson trying out the fireman's pole at the park.





Never face facts; if you do, you'll never get up in the morning.
Marlo Thomas

Al

No comments: