Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grandma Jack rocks!

I am not sure if I have mentioned it or not but we REALLY love having Grandma Jack (my Mom) in town. Yes, she reads this blog:) The story of how it happened is kind of funny. One day last year my Mom called and said "What do you think about me moving to Birmingham?" I was in shock. She had lived 95% of her life within about a 10 mile radius and she was ready to pick up and move several States away? The first reaction the CFO and I were "sounds great!" and it still is our reaction today.

Long story short the first time she visited us here was in the moving truck with all her stuff. The reason I bring all this up is that she has, is and will really help us when ever we need it. Need to take a kid to the Doctor? She's here to watch the other two. Need to cut the grass? She watches all three. Need/want a date night? She feeds them dinner and puts them to bed.

Grandma Jack watched the kids two nights last week. One night for a date night and the other day/night so a friend and I could pour about five yards of concrete into our basement. Viola! Another 250+ square feet of storage space.

Did I mention she also irons, cooks and sews! Here are some of the outfits she has made for the kids.



The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy.
Sam Levenson

Al

No comments: