Friday, December 5, 2008

What was that thump?

The CFO and I have been talking for a while about when is the right time to change the Triplets' cribs into toddler beds. I made the switch the other day after breakfast. The kids LOVED the new look of their beds! They spent the next 30 minutes running from bed to bed, jumping on them, putting stuff on the bed, throwing it off the bed, etc.... Needless to say they were too wired for their normal morning nap time.

After lunch I decided to try again. They were beat! They all stayed in their beds to my amazement. About an hour into their normal two hour+ nap I heard a loud thump! I ran up stairs to find Addison sitting next to her bed looking VERY confused. I asked her if she wanted me to put her rails back on the bed and she said no. William, on the other hand, wanted his back on after falling out of bed that night. Poor fella, first he gets sick, then he falls out of bed.

William also took on a hard boiled egg and won, well, sort of... egg 0, William 1






Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

Al

No comments: