Thursday, December 4, 2008

All good things must come to an end....

Yes, it is officially cold and flu season. Sure, we have had snotty noses for a while now but Sunday William started coughing a little. No big deal I thought. Then Monday night he had a fever so I took him in Tuesday to see the Dr. The CFO stayed home till I got the other two off to their day out program. We really felt bad for William when he threw up his breakfast. Two and a half hours later we had four prescriptions and a diagnosis of walking pneumonia. He now gets four breathing treatments a day (two of them include a steroid) another steroid and an antibiotic. He has been miserable to say the least. On top of that the Doctor said it is highly contagious so I am just waiting for the round robin to begin in the family.

I then found out that this is all the CFO's fault. She said "I was just thinking the other day how much easier this Fall had been than last Fall when all the kids were sick and on breathing treatments." JINX!

Jackson meets his first hard boiled egg.... Egg 1, Jackson 0



If there is anything the nonconformist hates worse than a conformist, it's another nonconformist who doesn't conform to the prevailing standard of nonconformity.
Bill Vaughan

Al

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

I am sorry William is so sick. It is amazing how quickly it comes on. I woke up Thanksgiving morning thinking "I might be getting a cold", started preventive medicines and by Friday it was full blown in my chest. Hope the rest of you stay healthy. Use lots of hand sanitizer :) I am thanking Nyquil for my sleep last night.