Tuesday, December 2, 2008

God Bless the State of Alabama!

There are some unique things about every state I have lived in...

North Carolina - Well, I grew up there so everything seems "normal" to me:)

Washington - They are the most laid back and the most caffeinated people on the planet.

Texas - Oops, they are a Republic, not a State and they ARE NOT in the South:)

I just learned one of the things that you gotta love about Alabama. All you have to do (in most Counties) to get a license to carry a legal handgun concealed or in a vehicle is fill out a form for a background check and mail in $20 to your Sheriff. Don't get me wrong, they do a background check. I am assuming the same one that takes 30 seconds when you buy your gun. But I mailed my check off on Monday and I got the license on Saturday! No class, no test, nada.

Addison our Carnivore chowing down on the CFO's leftover pork chop.


A lot of the people who keep a gun at home for safety are the same ones who refuse to wear a seat belt

George Carlin

Al

No comments: