Saturday, December 27, 2008

Santa Returned William:)

Christmas was GREAT but VERY challenging at the same time, thus no posts until now. Christmas Eve we went to our Church's 7pm candle light service, with no child care:) The kids had their introduction to open flames. I asked our Preacher if they had fire extinguishers available:) We made it through with no burns and nobody getting hot was on them. No, we did not let them have their own candles but they "helped" us hold ours. After Church the kids were cranky so bedtime was not a lot of fun.

The CFO and I were up till 1:30 am getting everything ready for the next day. Her family and my Mom were coming over for Dinner and I had not wrapped any gifts. What can I say, I was in denial:) So at 1:30 am the CFO went to bed and I decided to put the Triplets new 200 piece wooden train set together, it had to be done....

Unfortunately the train set that I saved 50% on only had a picture to go by when putting it together. Also, it was backwards and did not do a good job of telling you what piece goes where. Evil people designed this thing..... So I got it together around 2am. While I was cleaning up in the kitchen I heard something in the room with the train. I entered to find Jackson staring at the train set murmuring "train.......train.......train....." He was entranced:)




Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to.
Bill Vaughan

Al

No comments: