Monday, December 8, 2008

A busy weekend!

My Mom moved to town this weekend! The is the first time in her life she has lived outside of North Carolina and she lived in Raleigh 95% of her life. Needless to say, this was a BIG move for her. We have been blessed that she found a place five minutes from our house. So the CFO took care of the (sick) kids all weekend all the while being sick herself.

I got a reality check this weekend. See, since 1996 the only moves I have made have been "company" moves. That is that either I or the CFO got promoted and the company paid for us to move. No packing, no moving boxes, nada..... My Mom was not so blessed:) She had two friends drive a self-moving truck from NC to Birmingham Friday night with all of her stuff (and some of mine). Another friend helped us unload Saturday. Good thing I had been going to the YMCA or I probably would not have been able to get out of bed Sunday:)

Addison with her hard boiled egg..... I don't think she believed me that it was cooked:) egg 0, Addison 0 - it is a TIE!


If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi (1913 - 1970)

Al

2 comments:

Lynn Leaming said...

What a blessing having your mom move so close. My parents live 5 minutes away as well, and it is so nice! Hope she adjusts and enjoys being by those grandkids (and you of course) Hope the kids and Quenta are feeling much better!!

Marianne said...

We are excited that as of tomorrow my mom, dad and sister will no longer live in Athens but only 4 blocks away from us. I hope you enjoy having your Mom nearby and I know we will.