Sunday, December 28, 2008

EARLY Christmas morning....

At 2:30 am or so I took Jackson back to bed after he was ogling the new train set Santa left him. I was then woken up again at 3:30 am with his smiling face about an inch from mine. Back to bed he went. When he came back down at 4:30 am I gave up as he then had his wing man, William, with him. So from 4:30 am till I got up at 7am William kicked me in the ribs every 30 minutes to remind me to never let them in bed again, note taken:)

Then I woke up feeling like I did after a Fraternity party in College. But unfortunately I did not have any fond memories of the night before to reminisce about through the pain. Turns out I was in the middle of a 24hr flu but that I then gave to the CFO. She recovered Saturday afternoon.

I called my Mom and she came over as we all got up and "did" Christmas. The kids LOVED the train set and promptly destroyed it:) We then moved to the wrapped gifts. I use the term "wrapped" very loosely. By 1am I was just wrapping the sides and the tops of gifts as I knew they would not be critical of my work. We all had a GREAT time!

The in-laws came at 11 am or so and we planned to eat at 3pm or so. They were so nice to let the CFO and I take a nap! The CFO took pity on me and let me sleep about an hour longer than she did. For dinner I made a standing rib roast for the first time ever. It has instantly become a tradition. Turkey and ham.... you are dead to me:) I used Paula Deen's recipe and it is easy and tasted GREAT! I was nervous as this was $50 of meat and that was it's on sale price. But everyone loved it.

My Mom made banana pudding and not-so-tipsy cake for dessert. Ugh, we were stuffed! Everyone slept through the night and stayed in their beds.

The funniest quote from the day.... from the CFO's Grandmother: "Al, I sure do appreciate the way you help out Quenta (a.k.a. the CFO) with the children." To which I said "Thank you, I do what I can:)"



New Year's Resolution: To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time.
James Agate

Al

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

What a trooper! Sick on Christmas day and you still cooked. Had to look up the roast recipe. I will have to try it. Glad ya'll had a blessed Christmas.