Tuesday, November 18, 2008

When not to follow directions

Women are always getting onto men about not following or even asking for directions. So where safety and/or the kids are concerned I have made a concerted effort to read and follow directions. That is until today. I decided to start using a conditioner/detangler on her hair. So I read the instructions. Mainly because I know that some you rinse out and some you leave in. Yes, I use to have hair so I know these things:)

Here is where I got confused. It said that after applying you should "comb or brush starting at the ends and work your way to the scalp." WHAT! I thought that was called teasing your hair. I envisioned Addison with a huge rats nest of hair. No way I was following those instructions! So I asked a friend that was visiting and she laughed. She explained to me that almost every woman on earth would understand what that meant.... to comb out the hair a little at the time starting at the ends. "OH!" I said, "I see, they are just sexist and believe that only women will be using their product."

This is just another example of why men don't like to ask for, read or follow instructions.

Pictures of our little artists when they painted their pumkins at a Fall Festival.



Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
Albert Camus (1913 - 1960)

Al

No comments: