Friday, November 21, 2008

Addison thought she was from Missouri

Those of you with kids know that you are constantly asking them questions....
  • What hurts?
  • Did you fall down?
  • Did Jackson take the ball from you?
  • What is that in your nose?
  • What is that coming out of your nose?
  • What has torn the seams of your universe apart now?
When I ask questions I expect answers. In the mornings and after nap time I ask each of the Triplets if they have a poo-poo. Well, Addison decided that she would show me by sticking her hands, yes both of them, in her diaper. I was in the middle of changing William's dirty diaper when I noticed a piece of what I soon realized was her "evidence" landing on one of her stuffed animals. I quickly taped Williams dirty diaper back on him (parenting triage - take the worst first) and grabbed her. I quickly explained that she had just had a bath and if she got it anywhere other than her hands it would not be good. By the grace of God we only had a few casualties. We then had a long conversation (by toddler standards) about why you don't stick your hands down your pants, especially when you have a poopie.

Grooming is very important to Jackson.




Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Karl Marx (1818 - 1883)

Al

Just in case you didn't catch the reference... Missouri is the show me State.

No comments: