Sunday, November 23, 2008

Is it judging or just pointing out "observations?"

I really do try not to judge people, Luke 6:37, but I do have things that people do that drive me crazy.

Here are some of my pet-peeves. I also share my sarcastic view of why they do/don't do it and then the "softer side" of me's view. Hey, I can be a guy and be complex:)

Leaving shopping carts in the middle of the parking lot
Sarcasm - Lazy, lazy, lazy.
Softer side - They had a child with them and did not want to leave them in the car alone.

Not using your turn signal or signaling right before you turn.
Sarcasm - Selfish, self-centered person that does not worry about anyone else.
Softer side - They just forgot to signal.

Parking a SUV in a compact only space, parking on the line or very close to my car.
Sarcasm - If you cannot drive it don't buy it, idiot.
Softer side - They did not realize that they are making it tough for someone else to park there or get in their vehicle.

Talking with food in your mouth or chewing with your mouth open.
Sarcasm - You were raised by Wookiees.
Softer side - No one has told you that this behavior is not usually accepted by society. (OK, there was still a little sarcasm in that one)

Walking around with your mouth open.
Sarcasm - Neanderthal
Softer side - You may have a jaw problem or sinus problems.

Yelling at your children to shut up, calling them stupid or cussing at them in public.
Sarcasm - Don't be surprised when they treat you the same way.
Softer side - You have had a very bad day or just lost a loved one and your nerves are frayed.

I know, I know, I am being picky. Yes, I have probably done all of the above from time to time but remember, this is about you, not me:)

When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
Yogi Berra

Al

No comments: