Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Great reunion but a bad homecoming

All five of us went back to my hometown for my 20th High School reunion this past weekend. We had a great time. I will post more about this later this week. But we came home to find a pink envelope taped (on all four sides) to our front door. I was surprised it did not take the tape off when I removed it. The note below is what was inside.

I have some observations....

1. Sarcasm in a note such as this is not funny. I almost always appreciate sarcasm but this makes me want throw bologna on your car.

2. Do not tape ANYTHING to a painted door. Ever heard of vandalism?

3. Nice job assuming the worst. I guess if one of my children cried you would call Social Services on me as I must be abusing them.

4. Nice passive aggressive behavior.... not even signing the note. I have half the mind, that is all I have, to walk door to door and ask all the neighbors if they wrote it.

5. If you are going to do all the above things please, please, write a note that at least sounds like you were sober when you wrote it. What do foxes have to do with any of this?

By the way, we paid a friend to house sit for the weekend. The dog was out one night as he would not come in for her. But she was up till 1 or 2 and did not hear anything.

Gotta love people:)

Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it.

Jules Renard (1864 - 1910)

Al

1 comment:

Missy Medlin said...

I'm sorry about the note - gotta love your neighbors:)
I was worried that someone was sick because you did not post for days. I wish I could have seen you all!
Missy