Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Triplets head to the reunion - days 1 and 2

We have had quite a bit of experience traveling with our Triplets but it keeps changing as they get older. This time we had a total drive time of about nine hours. We decided to break it up and stay with some friends that were only six hours away. We left Thursday after picking up the trio from their day out program. We drove straight through, no stops. They did GREAT!

Of course they were wound up when we got to our friends' house:) The Triplets did a great job going to sleep as usual. The CFO and I got to visit and catch up with our friends until around midnight. Much to my dismay the kids woke up at 5:30 am EST. Since we live in CST this was VERY early. Oh well, hope for the best but plan for the worst they say. Addison had a nice surprise for me around 7am - a blow out. Luckily she had on long pants but unluckily for me I did not notice until it was too late. Nothing new:) She does not like going poopie sitting down so she held it the previous day I guess. It went up and out the back as well as both sides. Anything worth doing is worth doing right I guess:)

We decided to drive around town and see the places we use to live. We then ate pizza at our favorite pizza place before hitting the road to my home town. Of course I promptly put the left-over pizza on the roof and drove off. Consistency is the key to my life:)

Friday night my parents watched the kids while the CFO went over to a friend's house and I met up with some guys from High School. It is amazing all the funny (not always funny at the time mind you, but they are very funny now) stories that I had forgotten about High School. Here is a VERY brief synopsis of some of them:

  • On spring break we ran from cops with someone that is now a preacher. He stopped running, the rest of us got caught, at gun point and got frisked. Don't worry, the nice officers actually ended up giving us a ride back to the party.
  • New Years Eve party (not at my house) where a dining room table was broken (subsequently put back together by yours truly and another great friend) a piece of silver service was crushed, and red clay was all over the beige carpets.
  • One of my nicknames was "Charter." Don't ask, I won't tell:)
  • A very good friend jumped out of a 2nd story window while at the beach. He was sleepwalking and thought the house was on fire. No injuries.
  • While meeting up for a pick-up tackle football game (we did that in our teens and 20's, it is no bueno in your 30's) one friend decided to park his Cutlass by doing a hockey slide into a parking spot. Too bad there was another friend already standing there. After a short flight and a tough landing he was VERY mad but OK.

After shooting pool for a few hours Friday night two of us then went to a casual reunion get-together for "a little while." We ended up there till after midnight. I finally got to bed around 1am.

I know, I know, you are like "shut it and show pictures of the kids." So here they are and a picture of our first house that was and still is a whopping 850 square feet. Also pictured is the kids' first experience with super bounce balls, Addison and I dancing, then Addison and I giving the boys a talking to:)

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, was this a trip to good ole' Raleigh? What school did you graduate from? I taught at Millbrook for a little while - obviously not when you would have been in school, though.

So, when are you coming back to TX to visit? We would love to see you guys in person. Although, I am loving the blog. Thanks for sharing.

Kelley Thomas