Thursday, November 20, 2008

When do we start doing and stop practicing?

I always joke about Lawyers and Doctors practicing, not "doing." Well, I feel the same way about parenting. So, when do we start doing and stop "practicing" as parents? I know, I know, the answer is NEVER! I started thinking about this during breakfast while the kids were "practicing" eating cereal with milk. We went through the same thing a few months ago with oatmeal. On a tangent... why do we need instant oatmeal at home? I always thought that old fashion oatmeal took forever to make. Turns out it only takes 2-3 minutes in the microwave vs. 1-2 minutes to heat up the water to make instant oatmeal. Anyway, when do you get to the point when you are not "training" them on the basics? I know, I know, never:) I still have potty training, bathing, dressing, undressing, tying shoes (is Velcro back in yet?), not to mention shaving, etc... to go.

Jackson winning a pulling contest with Dad at the science center. Hey, he had the advantage of a lever!






A committee is a cul-de-sac down which ideas are lured and then quietly strangled.
Sir Barnett Cocks (1907 - 1989)

Al

No comments: