Monday, June 14, 2010

The VBS laundry schedule

When you think about Vacation Bible School (VBS) you think of all the fun kids will have. What you don't think about is that you need to do at least one load of laundry every night so they can wear the same shirt all week without becoming the "stinky kid" in their crew. I had to make a few adjustments last week but all in all it worked out well. The nice thing was that I did not have to pick out clothes each day, I just pulled them out of the dryer:)

I also needed mine clean as I led pre-school games for the week. I know what you are thinking... I already stay at home with the Triplets, why would I want more? There are a few reasons but the main ones are:
I like helping others out.
It is one of the least favorite for people to lead.
If you run out of time just bust out balloons and bubbles!
This year I brought out the heavy artillery. On the last day I had popsicles for everyone. Nothing makes kids and adults happy like frozen colored sugar water:) Did I mention that pre-school games are held outside each day?

Church isn’t where you meet. Church isn’t a building. Church is what you do. Church is who you are. Church is the human outworking of the person of Jesus Christ. Let’s not go to Church, let’s be the Church.
Bridget Willard

The perfect church service,would be one we were almost unaware of. Our attention would have been on God.
C.S. Lewis

Al

No comments: