Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Loaded for Bear

Packing for the YMCA has taken on a whole new dimension now that I take one of the Triplets swimming with me each time. My backpack carries snacks and their water cups in addition to my normal supplies, see previous post. I also have my gym bag that contains workout clothes, a lock, a MP3 player, and clothes for after working out. Last but not least I have our swim bag which includes:
  • Goggles
  • Dive stick
  • Slash balls
  • Swim suits/shirts
  • Towel
  • Sunscreen
  • Shampoo
  • Conditioner
  • Soap
  • Comb
  • Loofah
  • Flip flops (shower shoes)
  • Wipes
Of course I am a bit crazy so I took all three swimming by myself the other day so instead of just one pool noodle we carried three of them AND three life jackets. That day I left my gym bag at home:) I got all three of them showered at the Y that day so I figured that counted as my workout.

Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Somebody said to me, 'But the Beatles were anti-materialistic.' That's a huge myth. John and I literally used to sit down and say, 'Now, let's write a swimming pool.
Paul McCartney

Al

No comments: