Monday, June 28, 2010

OK, now Summer begins!

I don't really feel like Summer has begun until recently.  That is because for the past two and a half weeks we have been going to VBS's.  The first one was at our Church and I volunteered.  The second was at a Church near the CFO's work.  She took them in each morning and I met them for lunch and brought the Triplets home.  The last one was a backyard VBS at a friend's house.

Now that we are done with the VBS tour I hope to settle into a Summer routine until their day out program starts back up in August.  What will it be?  Here are what I see as our daily choices:

  • The YMCA three days a week taking one swimming at a time and I get to work out.
  • The Science Center  it gets pretty busy in the Summer.
  • One of the local parks with or without tricycles it is HOT
  • One of the local free movies.
  • Host a backyard play date with baby pools, sprinklers, bubbles, balloons and lunch.
  • Stay around the house so Daddy can get to-dos done.

Mixed into most of these I will have trips to WalMart, Publix (the grocery store) and picking up our vegetables from Grow Alabama.

I actually chose to not put the Triplets in their day out program this Summer.  Yes, that may be a bit crazy but I figure I only have about 14 more Summers with them and less than that when you figure they will be doing their own thing some of those.  I better make the most of each one.


Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
Steve Jobs

Adventure is just bad planning.
Roald Amundsen

Al

No comments: