Monday, June 7, 2010

The funniest thing ever said....

The CFO and I try to get out every once and a while without the Triplets. Not that we don't love them but we need a little adult time now and then. A couple of weeks ago we went to dinner with some good friends who are expecting their second child soon. We were talking a bit about politics when she said I love Cheney (she used his first name) but I hate George (she used his last name). To which I said "obviously, you are pregnant." It took her a second to realize what she had said. She quickly turned a bit red as we all laughed.

In her defense I had recently mentioned how funny it was when a lady, who was going to see Cheney speak at a graduation ceremony, said "I just love Cheney (she used his first name)". See, I have this tendency to view comments in a well... let's just say I see over-tones in most everything. Yes, I use to be the guy that said "that's what she said." I try to distance myself from that but it is well... difficult.

Don't ever become a pessimist... a pessimist is correct oftener than an optimist, but an optimist has more fun, and neither can stop the march of events.
Robert A. Heinlein

I don't know if I'm very complicated at all. I wish I was. I wish I was one of these deep, intricate people. But I just love having fun really.
Channing Tatum

Al

No comments: