Monday, January 5, 2009

What you learn from Christmas gifts

I am amazed how I am always learning and from the strangest places. Recently there was a surprise in an African Safari play set for the Triplets, the elusive African Bear. I thought to myself, this seems weird so I did what any red blooded capitalist American would do, I Googled it:) Yep, there was a bear in Africa but it is now extinct. Not that I am really anal or anything:) But I do like some semblance to reality. Yes, I know kids like bears but they also like robins and cardinals but I think most people would find it silly for them to be included in an African Safari play set.

I always say that it is a good day if I learn one new thing.

If you would be known, and not know, vegetate in a village; If you would know, and not be known, live in a city.
Charles Caleb Colton (1780 - 1832)

Al

No comments: