Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The more things stay the same the more they change...

I know my title is bassakwards from the real saying but it makes more sense the way I wrote it. Just when I think I have this thing (being the stay-at-home parent for Triplets) nailed I get a curve ball and things change. Here are just a few of the areas we are experiencing a lot of change in. Some are good and some provide "opportunities" for the Triplets and me:)
  • Staying well - we are getting n molars and fighting cold/flu season.
  • Sleeping - VERY dependent on staying well.
  • Disclipline - having to constantly change tactics to keep up with your foe (children). They adapt to situations quicker than a six man SEAL team.
  • Eating - to say their eating habbits change with the wind is an understatement. If you have ever worked in a restaurant you have probably met a guy in the dish pit that eats off other's plates.... I am now that guy:)
The boys having a good old time hanging out on the stairs. Somehow I think they were talking about me:)



Try as hard as we may for perfection, the net result of our labors is an amazing variety of imperfectness. We are surprised at our own versatility in being able to fail in so many different ways.
Samuel McChord Crothers

Al

2 comments:

Unknown said...

As a fellow triplet dad I know just what you mean by feeling like you've got it all under control, then everything changes! Work isn't like this! Glad to hear that we're all in the same boat.

Unknown said...

Al, just love your blog, what a great family you have. I don't know how people did the triplets thing before the Internet, there are so many awesome resources for information we've stumbled across here. My wife's 13 weeks along, so in a few months (hopefully later rather than sooner!) I'll be joining you in the ranks of the SAHDOTs. Sort of - I work from home, and make my own hours. Not sure how I'll ever get any work done again, to be honest.

Anyway, thanks for dropping by our blog and keep in touch!

Mike