Saturday, January 3, 2009

Why blog?

I have often thought about why people (including me) take the time to blog. I mean, come on, is there really a market for the ongoing brain dump that hits the blogosphere every day? The answer, I am reminded of daily, is yes and I am thankful that there is a market.

I periodically receive emails from family, friends and blog readers thanking me for letting them (you) into our lives. The truth is that I should be thanking you. Without you I might as well just keep it all in my head, there is A LOT of room in there:)

So.... THANK YOU! May you have a wonderful and blessed 2009.

Please write again soon. Though my own life is filled with activity, letters encourage momentary escape into others lives and I come back to my own with greater contentment.
Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey, 'A Woman of Independent Means'

Al

2 comments:

Kaitlin said...

I'm wondering, where do you get the quotes you post every day and how do you choose which one to pick?

Liz said...

You're welcome. And thank you. Your blog is one that I like to read regularly....I love your stories about your kids (who are adorable, by the way) and love your adventures in parenting. Keep up the good work!!