Friday, September 11, 2009

The Triplets are turning three

I still can't believe that it has been three years since we were in hospital having the Triplets. It has been a dream... a nightmare at times but mostly a nice dream:) I think I have grown as much if not more than they have and we all still have a long way to go.

Since moving to Birmingham we have been blessed with having some family near by. Last weekend when we picked the Triplets up from Mimi and Granddaddy's they had a birthday party for the Triplets AND me. Yep, I also turn a year older this month:) One thing I want to tell everyone is that they don't have to buy each of them a gift. Don't get me wrong.... the CFO and I love everyone's generosity but it almost makes me feel bad for inviting people to the party. We usually set a limit on how much we spend on birthday gifts and I would not want to have to triple that amount each time we went to a birthday party:) The kids also LOVE getting gifts so maybe me wanting to tell everyone that they should not feel obligated to bring/buy a gift is a selfish thing... OK, it is:) It may even be more insidious than one first thinks. To say I am not good at writing thank you cards is an understatement of monumental proportions. I guess I should rephrase that... I am good at it, I am just too lazy to actually write them.

Enough about me:) The Triplets had a great time with their cousins at the family party and they were so blessed by everyone's generosity that I had to ask a cousin to help us haul the gifts back to Birmingham. No really, I did. The next morning the kids the kid's even asked where cousin Lindsay's car was because it had their gifts in it:)

The Triplets even decorated a cake for me... well, William ate while Jackson and Addison decorated:)



This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.
Unknown

Al

1 comment:

Rachel said...

We got so many presents last year around our boys' birthday that we put half of them away in a closet and took them out one-at-a-time on special occasions. It's been 6 months and we still have a couple of things stored away :)