Friday, August 6, 2010

Kids know everything

Yesterday was William's day to swim at the YMCA.  He LOVES swimming and LOVES some one on one time.  I even gave up my workout time to swim some more with him after the "pool break."  During the break we ate a snack in the designated eating area/ant habitat.  A young lady (around eight years of age) was eating a fruit roll up at the table next to us.  William was of course very intrigued.  He asked "what is she eating?"  I told him it was a fruit roll up.  He said "I want one."  I told him that we could get some when they are on sale.

All of a sudden the young lady piped up and said "They are on sale now."  To which all I could say was "oh, I guess we'll get some then, thank you."  Too funny!

Next is a variation of no good deed goes unpunished.  When the young lady and her mother came into the snack area/ant sanctuary the mother said "watch out for those ants, they might bite you."  I told her that they weren't fire ants so they should be OK.  Right about that time I felt a BITE!  I looked down to see a big old ant biting the back of my ankle, NEWMAN!  It itched the rest of the day/night and it still itches. I have gotten use to the CFO telling me I am wrong but an ant?  Come on!


We worry about what a child will become tomorrow, yet we forget that he is someone today.  
Stacia Tauscher

Adults are always asking little kids what they want to be when they grow up because they're looking for ideas.
Paula Poundstone

Al

No comments: