Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I am in trouble....

I have mentioned before that I don't want to "make" the Triplets eat their food but I am not beyond rewarding them.  We frequently won't let them eat their fruit until they eat enough of the meat and/or vegetables.  Sometimes I break out the big guns and go with the double stuffed Oreo cookies.  I mean seriously... why waste your time and calories on the regular ones.  It would be like buying a doughnut and telling them to go easy on the glaze.

Here is how the conversation went at the lunch table:
Daddy: "If you eat both halves of your sandwich you can have an Oreo cookie."
Addison: "Two Oreo cookies?"
Daddy: "You can have two if you can say two in Spanish."
William: "Two in Spanish"

I laughed and explained that while that is very funny, that is not what I meant.  He knew that, I knew he knew that and he knew I knew that he knew that.  Oh the bantering that is yet to come with this crew.

William getting ready for a ride on in the tube.



Wit is a sword; it is meant to make people feel the point as well as see it.
G. K. Chesterton

Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit.
Oscar Wilde


Al

No comments: