Thursday, August 19, 2010

Accident or negligence?

I am often times torn on whether to admonish or not when an "accident" happens.  Take the other day for instance.  We were at the grocery store after going to the YMCA.  It was after 1pm and the Triplets were ready for lunch.  So I decided to go with a popcorn chicken deal they had.  The nice Publix employee put the chicken in three different containers so they could each have their own.  But as our rule #1 tells us, this would have bad consequences.  First Addison dropped her chicken and since it is "popcorn" chicken much of it landed on the floor.  Right after I cleaned that up Jackson promptly dropped his.  When I noticed a piece on the floor under where William was sitting I had enough and confiscated all the remaining chicken, which by this point was about half what we were given.

So I ask you.... accident or negligence?   On their part, not mine:)


Barnum was wrong - it's more like every 30 seconds.
Unknown

America believes in education: the average professor earns more money in a year than a professional athlete earns in a whole week.
Evan Esar (1899 - 1995)

Al

No comments: