Thursday, August 26, 2010

Did I just hear music?

Musical beds definitely has a bad connotation for me.  The Triplets each have their own single bed now but Jackson rarely sleeps through the night and William does about 60% of the time.  Jackson is the most restless sleeper that I have ever known but he is a chip off the old block.  I remember my parents talking about how I use to kick them all the time.  But as far as I can remember I only got in bed with them during storms.

Now Jackson gets in our bed by 1am or so.  Some nights it seems like he is just waiting for us to go to bed.  He actually told me that one night around 11:30 pm.  I heard the door to their room close so I went up to investigate.  It is funny that how, as a parent, you learn to tell what they are doing by the sound, or the lack there of.  I asked him if he was alright to which he responded "are you ready to go to bed?  I want to sleep in your bed with you."

It is not uncommon for the CFO or I to end up in the guest bed with one of the Triplets.  Jackson has a knack for turning perpendicular to us, kicking on one end and hitting you with his arms on the other so even our king size bed offers little solace.  It is a gift he has:)  This morning we woke up with William and Jackson in bed.  I am torn.  Should we make them stay in their beds all night or "enjoy" it while we still can before they grow up?

A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor's book.  
Irish Proverb

I slept like a baby last night... I woke up screaming every two hours.
Garry Brantley

Al

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great quotes! (Esp the one by...what's his name...Gary Brantley) BTW, I vote for enjoy the kids sleeping with you while you can. It won't be long before you'll have to beg for your cuddle time.

Lynn Leaming said...

Is it a rhetorical question? If you do really "enjoy" it then enjoy it. As long as you and the CFO have times of intimacy with each other, as that is precious time.