Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Four to forty

The Triplets turn four and I will turn forty in September.  So I will be ten times older than they are.  Man if that doesn't make you feel a bit old I don't know what will:)  But seriously how did this happen?  Last I remember I was in my late twenties and it seems like just yesterday that the Triplets were going through 24 bottles and diapers a day.

As the great philosopher Ferris Bueller said "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  What he doesn't mention is that it tends to speed up the older you get.  I try not to say "I can't wait till..." anymore because I know I need to enjoy there here and now.  I believe I do a pretty good job of it but like everything I do, I want to get better at it.

The question isn't "what are we going to do," the question is "what aren't we going to do?"
Ferris Bueller

You're not dying, you just can't think of anything good to do.
Ferris Bueller

Al

No comments: