Thursday, October 1, 2009

Thursday better be better...

Let's just say that Wednesday wasn't my best day so far as a SAHD. I was first awakened around 1:30 by Addison SCREAMING Daddy! Daddy!...... I go upstairs to see what the issue was and she says "I want to go downstairs" obstentially to sleep in our bed. I gave in and talked to her about how her little legs can carry her down the stairs without waking me up by screaming. I then woke up at 2:30 when she started kicking me like a mad kangaroo. After a "talking to" both she and I went back to sleep until 3:30 when Jackson started SCREAMING my Daddy, my Daddy! I went back upstairs for more of the same. I told him he would need to sleep on the floor next to our bed. He was OK with that. I also reminded him that he could do all this without me.

As each of my kids is a bed-hog I had about one foot of our King size bed in which to sleep. Good thing I am skinny. Everything was going well until 6:30 when I was awoken by some warm.... wet... OH CRAP... PEE!!!!!! Addison quickly said "I'm sorry, I had an accident." NOT the way I envisioned my morning starting. Did I mention I am also loosing my voice due to being sick and I am reduced to whistling and clapping to get the kids' attention? I washed the pee off me and started the washer with the sheets and mattress cover.

We went to the Zoo for a play date which went well except for the continuous clapping and whistling by me:) Jackson pushed my limits a few times resulting in several time outs but only one "upgrade." So I thought I was out of the woods until the Triplets did their customary "I need to go pee-pee" in the middle of dinner. Keep in mind that Wednesday nights are on a tight time schedule anyway because of Church. In a minute I hear William say "uh-oh, I have a poopie." Yep, he pulled his pull-up off with a poopie in it. Well, it started off in it:)

Oh well, just another SAHD day:) But all in all when I look back at the day I have a smile on my face and I know that God is at work here.

The kids LOVE putting their shoes on now. But you have to keep a keen eye on them. Notice anything funny about the picture below?



Two left shoes:)

God places the heaviest burden on those who can carry its weight.
Reggie White

What we are is God's gift to us. What we become is our gift to God.
Eleanor Powell

Al

No comments: