Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sleeping in

I know I am jinxing myself but I have been spoiled lately as the Triplets have been letting me sleep till 6:30 or 7am some days! I do miss waking up early and having some time to myself. If I wake up that late I am rushed to get things going. Especially if it is a school day or we have somewhere I want to be at a certain time.

I try not to say "have to" as there are very few things in this world we "have to" do. I use to always tell employees/friends that they don't "have to" go to work, they could quit. They don't "have to" stay late or come in early, they could find another job. I say those things with some jest but also with a lot of sincerity.

I try to use the philosophy on the Triplets although it is a bit lost on them now. We "get to" go to Church and School. Come to think of it, I also say it for my benefit:) Like I often say.... I am good at playing dumb.... and sometimes I'm not playing:) If I can actually "fool" or "trick" myself into changing my attitude about something does that mean that I am smart or dumb? The one playing the trick is usually viewed as smart and the target of the trick is viewed as dumb. But if you trick yourself then you are both. Hmmmmm

The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.
Marcel Pagnol

Al

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

I am glad I don't have to read your blog but look forward to it
:-)