Friday, October 9, 2009

The crack down begins....

Why is it that just when you feel the battle is turning your way your opponent(s) counter? It also amazes me that we sometimes have to fight old battles over and over again. Yep, you guessed it, the Triplets have been trying to move the battle lines.

Please do not think that I see raising the Triplets as a "battle." If you haven't already guessed it I use analogies like well.... like a good cook uses butter. That is to say, liberally, often and everywhere. I have even been known to use an analogy to try to explain an analogy. Sad, I know:) So I LOVE analogies and I love military stuff. Come on! I may be a SAHD but I am still very much a man.

Back to my point. Last week at the YMCA William bit a kid. To make matters worse he did not "keep it in the family." COME ON! We have already fought over this piece of dirt! Oh well, back to our original battle plans..... He then proceeded to bite one person each day for a week. The CFO finally broke him over the weekend after he bit his Aunt RaRa on the fanny. William has also been known to smack strangers (only women) on the fanny as he did at a restaurant one night. I won't give the details of how we "redirect" behavior that we don't feel is appropriate (major understatement) but lets just say he realized biting was not in his best interest:)

I also continue to battle chronic cases of the "whine flu" at our house. I am handing out time outs like beads at Mardi Gras and "free upgrades" are much more frequent. Don't get me wrong, I still love my "job." But let's just say I am really earning my pay right now. Who knows, maybe I will get a promotion out of this:)

What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?
Mahatma Gandhi

Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth and easy, or that anyone who embarks on the strange voyage can measure the tides and hurricanes he will encounter. The statesman who yields to war fever must realize that once the signal is given, he is no longer the master of policy but the slave of unforeseeable and uncontrollable events.
Sir Winston Churchill

Al

No comments: