Saturday, May 30, 2009

Morons built my house

My house is about 20 years old so you would expect it to be built a little better.... not so. What is hard to understand about cutting a 4" hole for a 4" dryer vent? DUH! Some rocket scientist figured that a 3 1/2" hole is plenty good enough. Add to that they did not line up the holes on the exterior vent and you have a nice little project replacing the dryer vent to get it to code. See we have/had the old white plastic dryer vent that is VERY flexible (note that it fits through a hole 1/2" too small) but it also can be prone to fires. So when I try to be safe and replace it with metal it is a no go.

I know most people in the trades are honest people and they want to do a good job. Obviously those people had the day off when they put in our dryer vent. So if you are a person that does your work so-so and you just get by, don't whine when your 401k dries up because some white collar people are also doing so-so work:)

Come on people, take a little pride in your work.

Al

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I can sooooo relate to this. The house I bought is over 30 years old...it has good bones but since I have rehabbed almost the entire thing I have since found some questionable things around just about every corner. Oh well...Good work aint cheap and cheap work aint good...goes along the same lines when it comes to tattoos.