Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Fun comes in all sizes

If you read the CFO's blog then you have already seen a lot of the great pics we got during our weekend at the beach. We would have gotten more but I am paranoid about the moisture/sand getting to the camera.

I think the CFO underestimated the time involved in getting the crew to the beach. I figured on 45 min to an hour when you consider all that had to happen. We had to get them dressed, lotioned, organized, fed, cooler packed, toys packed, shelter set up, etc.... Oh yea, we had to get ourselves ready too:) But after all the preparation everyone had a good time.

The first day Addison quickly went into a tailspin after lotion, sand and salt water set her eyes on fire. The next day it was William's turn. By the third and last day everyone knew what to expect.

I was amazed at the no fear attitude of the boys. Addison is more of a girly girl (as the CFO requested) but she still holds her own. Take for instance when we went crab hunting at night. The CFO and I were trying to catch them with the bucket when Jackson just bent down and picked one up. Keep in mind these are small crabs but still! What they don't know.....

I really do miss the beach as I went to the beach a lot growing up and went to college on the coast. But it definitely is a lot different with the Triplets.... BETTER!

Sometimes catching the crabs is a good thing:)



Sponges grow in the ocean. That just 'gets' me. I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be if that didn't happen.
Stephen Wright

Al

1 comment:

Lynn Leaming said...

My favorite place to be is at the ocean! I wish there was one near Dallas :) Glad ya'll had a good time and really glad you chronicled it with pictures :)