Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers' Day!

My Mom always called me on Mothers' Day because she said without me she wouldn't be a Mother. Yes, I am an only child:) And you wonder where only children get the idea that they are important:) I think that part of why she called was that I, yes I, am a slacker when it comes to Birthdays and Holidays.

Confession time.... I usually forget to send cards on Birthdays much less give gifts. I have tried to get better by putting Birthdays on our calendar but then I forget to check the calendar. I have resorted to ongoing Birthday and Christmas Gifts like Netflix memberships or cell phone service. I am not sure if it is smart to do this or that it just highlights my slackness. Oh, another thing I have ALWAYS been terrible about is thank you notes. Unfortunately the CFO and I both have this "opportunity" so we still have not sent out all the thank you notes from the Triplet's birth. Yes, that was two and a half years ago... Sad isn't it. So if you have given us a gift and have not received a thank you note please do not take it personally, you are in good company.

Back to Mothers' Day. I have never appreciated Mothers' Day more than this one after staying at home with the Triplets for a year. While I am running into more and more stay at home Dads it is still usually the Mom that stays home. Not to mention carrying the child(ren) for months and then giving birth. While women have a special bond with their kids I still wake up every day and thank God that I am a Dude.

So a BIG Happy Mothers' Day to all Women be they "Mothers" or not as we all need to be "mothered" sooner or later.

A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts. Washington Irving

Al

No comments: